Sunday, October 11, 2009

my weekend...

I was really excited this weekend to be offered a chance to visit Bouaké, which is the second largest city in Côte d'Ivoire and was the seat of the rebel forces during the crisis. It's about an hour or so north of Yamoussoukro and they have a huge market (my real reason for going...) On the way I noticed this: If you look closely there is a nerdy guy with glasses, that must be Bill Gates. This is actually a school for teachers and I wonder if it has any connection to the real Bill Gates, but I doubt it. Anyway these were my finds in Bouaké: (I'm going to have to leave all my clothes here so I can bring back all the fabric I'm buying...)

Then Sunday, day of rest by the pool at the Hotel President... aka avoiding writing my practicum paper...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! How can you resist the fabric though? I think if you really loved me you'd have a dress made for me... :)
Just kidding... but I think I might make one. I have a pattern I've been wanting to use.